- Read video background.
- Watch video and record observations on Watch Me Grow worksheet.
- See which measures we think are reflected by the evidence!
- Explore additional information from the California Preschool Curriculum Framework and California Preschool Learning Foundations.
This is a 30 second clip of an infant sitting on the floor exploring the toys in front of him with the support of his teacher.
2. Watch Video: Infant Explores Toy and Puzzle
A good piece of evidence might address multiple measures. We are not assigning a developmental level, but rather saying that this video clip could be evidence for the measures. Measures Reflected by the Evidence: Infant Explores Toy and Puzzle
4. For more information, explore California’s Infant/Toddler Curriculum Framework for information about:
• “Relate to the child as an active meaning maker” (pp. 102-103)
• "Provide opportunities for exploration” (p. 103)
• “Respect the child’s initiative and choice” (p. 103)
• “Allow ample time for children to make sense of experiences. (pp. 103-104)
• “Give appropriate encouragement for problem-solving and mastery” (p. 106)
Environment and Materials
• “Provide play spaces with rich opportunities for learning”(p. 107)
• “Offer toys that support an understanding of special relationships…” (p. 109)
• “Offer toys that support cause & effect experimentation (p. 109)
• “Notice what interests each child” (p. 112)
Perceptual and Motor Development
Environment & Materials:
• “Choose materials that support perceptual and motor development, focusing on the children’s interests …” (p. 130)
• “Offer variety in sensory and motor experiences and materials”(p. 132)