- Read video background.
- Watch video and record observations on Watch Me Grow worksheet.
- See which measures we think are reflected by the evidence!
- Explore additional information from the California Preschool Curriculum Framework and California Preschool Learning Foundations.
This is a 30 second clip of a young infant responding to and being feed by a male family child care provider.
2. Watch Video: Infant Mealtime
A good piece of evidence might address multiple measures. We are not assigning a developmental level, but rather saying that this video clip could be evidence for the measures. Measures Reflected by the Evidence: Infant Mealtime
4. For more information, explore California’s Infant/Toddler Curriculum Framework for information about:
• “Be responsive when children initiate communication” (p. 89)
• "Engage in nonverbal communication" (p. 90)
• “Use child directed language” (p. 90)
• “Help children expand language” (p. 90)
• “Attend to individual development and needs” (p. 91)
Perceptual and Motor Development
• “Help build the infant’s feelings of comfort, security, and awareness of his body” (p. 134)
• “Use common routines, activities and behaviors to allow for practice of perceptual and motor skills” (p. 134)