Need help? Please contact WestEd DRDP Online Customer Service at 800-770-6339, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or select a preferred date and time to meet with a DRDP Online customer service representative. Stay connected with these resources:
DRDP Online, a secure cloud application, is provided free of charge to (1) California Department of Social Services (CDSS) Child Care and Development Division (CCDD)-funded programs, (2) California Department of Education (CDE), Early Education Division (EED)-funded programs, (3) California Head Start programs, (4) California School Districts and County Offices of Education, (5) California Tribal Child Care and Development Fund Child Care and (6) Programs participating in Quality Counts CA. CDSS and EED-funded agencies must use the DRDP Online to obtain psychometrically valid reports.
The use of DRDP Online will also meet the record retention requirement. This means no paper copies of the instrument are required for individual children when assessment data is stored in DRDP Online. For agencies that use commercial vendors, an Excel format has been provided to upload data into DRDP Online to take advantage of the psychometrically valid report functions.
Some vendors utilize the Excel DRDP template, but unless the data is uploaded into DRDP Online, the reports yielded are not the DRDP Online psychometrically valid reports.
To meet the requirement above, one must demonstrate the following:
- That a DRDP Online account has been created
- That data has been uploaded into DRDP Online
- DRDP Online has generated psychometrically valid reports (Child and Group Domain Report)
Using an Excel DRDP template shows that data has been downloaded from a system other than DRDP Online but does not constitute psychometrically valid reports. Data input into DRDP Online meets the data retention requirements, including data used to generate psychometrically valid reports. Currently, no other data system has the DRDP psychometrically valid reports.
User Upload Template (2023) XLSX — Upload and import user information. The template requires. XLSX format and can be uploaded with the Info tab. Directions are updated. If uploading multiple roles (e.g., teacher and teacher of record) and/or multiple sites, make sure to separate the roles/sites with the pipe character |
DRDP Online Roles and Permissions — Use to determine roles and permissions.
Upload Class Template XLSX— Use this template to upload a class.
Upload Child Demographics or Ratings
- Data Dictionary DRDP Online Downloads XLSX
- All Instrument Child Upload Template (11.02.23) XLSX — Use this template to upload children with any age/grade level view.
Users can upload children with any age/grade level view. The upload template includes these features:
- All ratings for any view are accepted.
- Validations are in place to differentiate each view, so measures for the selected view still need to be completed to lock.
- Reports reflect additional measures when completed.
- When uploading, users can edit the file in the system rather than updating the Excel file and re-uploading.
- Additional uploaded measures are displayed on the rating page for users to view or edit when necessary. (An asterisk is next to extra measures on the rating sheet.)
Subscribe to the WestEd DRDP Resources YouTube channel.
Tutorials for Administrators Using DRDP Online
- Adding Children MP4 video | YouTube
- Adding Classes MP4 video | YouTube
- Adding Users MP4 video | YouTube
- Administrator's Dashboard Coming soon!
- Assigning a Vendor MP4 video | YouTube
- Custom Rating Views MP4 video | YouTube
- Edit Rating Periods MP4 | YouTube
- Managing Enrollment MP4 video | YouTube
- Reassign Classes and Re-enroll Children MP4 video | YouTube
- Set and Lock Ratings View MP4 video | YouTube
- Uploading Classes MP4 video, 3:42 | YouTube
- Upload Templates MP4 video | YouTube
- Uploading Users MP4 video | YouTube
Tutorials for Teachers Using DRDP Online
Cohort Progress Report
Tip Sheets for Administrators
- Getting Started for Administrators PDF
- Getting Started with DRDP Online for Administrators Checklist PDF
- Adding Sites and Users PDF
- Adding Classes PDF
- Adding Children PDF
- Set and Lock Ratings View PDF
- Re-Enrolling Children PDF
Tip Sheets for Teachers
- Parent Report Guidance–English PDF | Parent Report Guidance–Spanish PDF
- Child Progress Report Guidance–English PDF | Child Progress Report Guidance–Spanish PDF
- Group Report Guidance–English PDF | Group Report Guidance–Spanish PDF
- Guidance for DRDP Domain Scaled Scores 2017 PDF
- Parent Progress Report Form Only–English PDF | Parent Progress Report Form Only–Spanish PDF
Child Progress Report
This Child Progress Report provides scale scores by domain for individual children. It gives a child’s progress using scale scores by domain over two rating periods in the same year within a single age-group instrument. Ratings are grouped by domain.
Class Planning Report
This Class Planning Report allows users to select a rating period and classroom to generate a report for all the children in the classroom. The report will include scaled scores for these children in all rating periods in the current year.
Cohort Progress Report
The Cohort Progress Report provides domain scale scores for a selected group of children. It also allows selecting a filter, such as program type. The report will show all domain-scaled scores for the selected group within the current year (to date).
Group Detail Report
This Group Detail Report shows all domain-scaled scores for the selected group within the current year (to date). The group may be all children or filtered using certain criteria.
This Group Report provides scale scores by domain for a group of children. The number of children is seen next to each domain level. This report can be pulled for a class, an agency, or a specific group of children, such as four-year-olds with completed ELD measures.
Parent Progress Report
The Parent Progress Report is a summary report for parent conferences that includes Child Progress over time. It includes graphics and descriptors to show the child’s rating and additional descriptive information about their progress.
Standard Rating Period Date Ranges 2023-2024
The lead agency administrator has the ability to edit default dates within the minimum and the maximum windows.
Current rating period default dates:
|Default Start Date
|Default End Date